Thursday, November 13, 2008

Distance Healing



A few days ago I was called back to the Veerama Kaliamman temple. First to pray for a beautiful lawyer friend of mine in Los Angeles who I just found out was very ill. Second to celebrate my friend's birthday as he was coming down from Malaysia and wanted to start his birthday with a special prayer. On the first visit I was fortunate to be accompanied by my dear friend Harish who actually told me that I should pray to Kali. Goddess Kali is the remover of all evil and the protector so praying to her to remove all illness in the body would be ideal. So early last Saturday morning I showed up at 8am for the temple puja and prayed hard for my friend to be healed. My second visit a few days ago was to celebrate my good friend Jermyn's 37th birthday. It was Jermyn's idea to visit a temple on the morning of his birthday with me. And I could not have given a dear friend a better gift. The temple was beautiful and peaceful and we got there just when the morning puja was starting. Praying with a good friend heightens one's spiritual energies. I realized that it is a very special thing. It not only serves one's connection with a higher power but it also does amazing things for the bond of friendship. It creates empathy between friends and compassion for others. It serves as a reminder that we are all under the power and mercy of a greater force and that we should take care of each other and love each other. Often and well.

No comments: